Examples of Cyberbullying:
- Flaming-posting rude messages with anger.
- Denigration- Sending or posting messages that may cause someone to be hurt and change their reputation.
- Posting videos of someone being bullied or harassed.
- Impersonation- Stealing someone’s password and hacking into their account and posting inappropriate stuff causing them to get into trouble.
- Posting images of others without their permission.
- Sending people threat messages that can physically hurt them.
- Spreading rumors or gossip through email, text messages and social net-working sites.
- Outing – Sharing someone’s secrets or embarrassing information or pictures online.
- Exclusion – Intentionally and cruelly excluding someone from an online group.
How to avoid Cyberbullying:
Avoiding cyber-bullying in today's society can be tougher than lifting an elephant. As soon you feel unconformable tell a trusted adult or friends so that they know what's going on. Don't reply to messages from cyber-bullies. Even though you may really want to, this is exactly what cyber-bullies want. They want to know that they've got you worried and upset and to put you in fear. Block or delete the cyber-bully. You can block usernames from your buddy list in instant messages and addresses in your e-mail. If you think someone has hacked into one of your accounts, change your password. Consider changing your username and e-mail address. Inform your Internet Service Provider or cell phone service provider. You may need to delete your current e-mail accounts, cell phone accounts and set up new ones. Inform your local police. Do this with a parent’s help. Do not erase or delete messages from cyber-bullies -you don't have to read it, but keep it, as this is your evidence. Although some cyber-bullies think they are anonymous, they can usually be found. But don't try and solve this on your own, remember, tell an adult you know and trust. GET HELP! Protect yourself -Never arrange to meet with someone you met online unless your parents go with you. If you are meeting them make sure it is in a public place.